Rock Out: Your Guide to the Best Music Festivals of 2022
Music festivals make the world go round – at least, according to music lovers. Here’s where you should be when festival tickets go on sale.
Music festivals have gained a lot of attention in recent years. The Monterey Pop Event, a three-day major rock event that took place in 1967, and served as a model for many celebrations that followed, most notably Woodstock, was the first major event. Since then, many musical events have sprung up around the world.
Music festivals have evolved as an institution with aesthetic significance, each standing out in its own way and incorporating many styles into itself. These events are no longer just musical; they have become centers of culture, art, glamor, innovation and, most importantly, an amazing time for their participants.
- Tomorrowland is also one of the world’s largest and most well-known music events for EDM which has swept the world over the past decade, gaining popularity.
- Dozens of EDM DJs including Alesso, Dillon Francis, David Guetta, Martin Garrix, Tiesto and others perform on the multiple elaborate platforms of Tomorrowland.
- Since 2005, Tomorrowland has taken place annually in Boom, Belgium.
- Over 3 million people from 200 countries attend the celebration over two weekends, which ends in moments each year.
- Tomorrowland has become an international musical and cultural icon with its big Tomorrowland Winter festival in the Swiss Alps, its TML by Tomorrowland clothing line and the One World Radio radio show.
- Site: Boom, Belgium
- Nearest airport: Antwerp International Airport – 12 km and 19.3 km by road
- Closest tram stop: GOSSELIES Faubourg de Bruxelles (M) – 5.4 km
- Coachella is one of the best known and most attended music events in the United States and around the world.
- People gather at the polo fields in the deserts of the Coachella Valley, dressed in Coachella attire, which features the famous floral wreaths.
- Coachella runs out every weekend, with a total of 198,000 tickets sold.
- Simply put, Coachella has grown into the world’s largest music and fashion festival.
- Over the years, featuring musicians such as Guns N ‘Roses, Tame Impala, Calvin Harris, Zedd, A $ AP Rocky, Major Lazer and others, the festival has grown into a must-see attraction for superstars, artists. and music lovers.
Site: Indio, California, United StatesNearest airport: Palm Springs International Airport – 40 kmClosest tram stop: Cesar Chavez at 1er St
Rock in Rio
- While there is no single strategy for making a great musical event, Roberto Medina succeeded when he launched Rock in Rio in 1985.
- One of the biggest events was born against the backdrop of the historical and social transformation of Brazil.
- The festival has been successfully held in several venues around the world so far.
- In terms of attendance and attractiveness, the event is one of the largest in the world.
- Rock in Rio has been hosted six times in Rio and Lisbon and twice near Madrid in the past three decades.
- Rock in Rio made its debut in the United States in 2015, with Las Vegas as its first stop.
- Various famous bands and musicians have performed on the renowned stage since the beginning of the Rock in Rio era, including the Rolling Stones, Iron Maiden and Linkin Park, Avicii and Justin Timberlake.
- Site: Alternative locations
Rock Fuji Festival
- Fuji Rock is Japan’s largest outdoor music event. It was first held in 1997 near the foothills of Mount Fuji, but since 1999 it has been hosted at the Naeba Ski Lodge.
- The Red Hot Chili Peppers, Sigur Ros, Wilco, The Innocent Criminals and others have performed at Fuji Rock, which features rock and EDM performances.
- Global attendance has gradually increased in recent years.
- Participants should be prepared for rain or shine, as much of the event takes place outdoors.
- Site: Naeba ski resort, Japan
- Nearest airport: Matsumoto Airport – 103.6 km
- Closest tram stop: Echigo Yuzawa Station
Splendor in the grass
- Splendor in the Grass is a world famous popular summer event held in Australia every year since 2001.
- Independent music, rap music, EDM and independent music are among the categories represented at the event.
- Artists such as The Strokes, James Blake, What So Not and Leon Bridges performed there, making it the most unforgettable memory for fans.
- Visitors will experience more than entertainment once they enter the Kingdom of Splendor.
- At North Byron Grasslands, participants will be treated to a world of fascinating, wild and thrilling getaways.
- Site: Byron Bay
- Nearest airport: Ballina Byron Gateway Airport – 35.1 km
- Closest tram stop: Jonson St to Carlyle St
To go out
- Exit is another internationally renowned musical event dedicated to providing a unique and memorable atmosphere.
- EDM, jazz, hardcore, rap, ska and indie music are all represented.
- Since 2000, the outing has taken place every year at Petrovaradin Castle.
- The presence of big names like Wiz Khalifa, Bastille, Ellie Goulding, Nicky Romero and David Guetta helped him maintain an impeccable record.
- The iconic Petrovaradin Castle mixes the fortress’s picturesque terrain with the selection of genres across over 30 different phases and musical zones, such as the iconic Dance Sphere, which is often considered one of the greatest EDM levels in the world. world.
- Site: Novi Sad, Serbia
- Nearest airport: Nikola Tesla Airport, Belgrade – 88.8 km
Millions of people gather in one centralized location for one or more evenings of music, artists, alcohol and incredible entertainment at concerts and festivals. Visitors who have never been there will have an unforgettable experience. The vibe of a music festival is surreal, filled with a generally positive spirit that allows participants to forget about themselves in the sound and joy of it all. And there is nothing quite like seeing their favorite musicians perform live.
FOLLOWING: 20 lesser-known music festivals (which are way sicker than Coachella)
Honolulu Hotspots: Beat the Crowds in Hawaii’s Largest City